Wednesday 10 December 2014

My disturbing imagination as a child

Earlier this year I watched Sweeney Todd, the film adaptation of the music with Johnny Depp, Helena Bohnam Carter etc in, for the first time and I loved it, obviously. 

But a few weeks ago I watched it again and I remembered something quite disturbing! 

When I was younger I was in a performing arts class in a small town near me. Bare in mind that I started when I was about 5 and finished when I was about 10. I'd done my 3 show with them - 2 shows twice a year - and we were playing a few improvisation games. Basically we were put into pairs and we had to make up a story that would involve the other people in the room somehow as long as it had something to do with a prop. Truth be told I have no clue what some of the props were, but I remember mine. It was a pair of giant, red scissors ..... I think some of you now where I'm going with this. 

So me and this other girl, you know I've quite forgotten her name, decided that we were going to be crazy hair dressers and we would randomly kill some of our costumers; putting their organs into sandwiches and selling them. 

Now bare in mind that I was like 6 when I did this. 

Next we got a load of the blocks that were scattered around the room and built a podium ... It's weird how clear this is in my mind .... And in the middle of the podium there was a hole that had some landing mats in it. There was a chair on there too. A chair that was just behind the hole. 

I remember performing it and snipping people's heads so that they tumbled into the hole and we were told how creative we were; even though the piece was quite gory. 

I was six and I basically created Sweeney Todd! What the hell!!!!! I'd never heard of it; not the film or the book. So why was it making a play about it. 

I had a disturbing imagination as a child I really did! 

Please don't tell me I'm the only one! Tell me that people have done disturbing things like this too!!! 

Please comment and tell me! 

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER! 

Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment