Sunday 1 March 2015

Confessions of a Geeking Ginger! | 1

So this is a segment that I've wanted to include for so long. I have a lot of opinions on various things, or things that I would like the admit and instead of doing this huge, 10,0000 plus word blog then I thought that I could split it up so that it became part of this huge, long running series. Then if there was something new that I had to admit to you all then I could do so by editing something fifty million times!!!!

The first opinion that I have, I am slightly fearful for myself since I am going to admit this to you all. It's a bit risky but I am going to tell you now. Okay ... right ... deep breath .... please don't kill me for saying this .... but .... well I don't like John Green's writing ................................................... going to go and lock the door to my room now and never come out again!

I'm sorry to say this but I really don't like his work at all. Before I am hung, drawn and quartered can I please explain it you why I don't like it? I want to justify myself before I inevitably die.

Everyone was raving about The Fault in Our Stars, so I jumped on the band wagon and bought myself it! In the middle of my GCSEs, I sat down and because I was so stressed I read it. Yes I read it in like six hours but I didn't really enjoy it. I didn't connect with the characters and to be honest the ending didn't actually affect me. I really have been ashamed to admit that. But the next things that I say will make you hate me.

I absolutely despised Paper Towns. I hated it. The idea really annoyed me and I didn't find it funny at all. And don't even get me started about Looking For Alaska, I predicted all of that. Yes the prank at the end was rather funny but that was about it. It was all a bit too, oh this happened and it was this date so this is why this happened. It was really really obvious. Maybe it's because I read a lot of murder mystery books but it was just too obvious and to be obvious the characters really really annoyed me. I really didn't think that they were realistic.

I could only read 50 pages of An Abundance of Katherine's because the plot line was so bloody annoying. I'm sorry but who actually falls in love only because of a person's name. Ugh! It just seemed really pointless to me. Maybe it will be amazing when I've read it all but just the simply concept of it seemed pointless. Come on, I can't be the only person who actually thinks this.

These are simply my own opinions, I get that most people will be pissed off at me for this but this is simply a Confession of a Geeking Ginger; me. I love John, I really really do. Him and Hank are two of my favourite youtubers but his writing is not my cup of tea at all. You must be able to understand that; right.

Once again, this is only my opinion and I can understand that people really dislike my opinion but it is my opinion only. These are confessions that I am going to regularly do. So I hope that you now understand my opinion.

What about you, what do you think? Let me know, but please remember to be nice.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment