Tuesday 31 March 2015

Rain

I love the rain. I know that sounds really strange, but I love the rain so much. I always have. I think it's to do with the concept of it all. Rain heals the earth, and I think that's beautiful. The way the world feels after it rains, the freshness of it all. I love that. I love the crisp air and the damp earth and ... well the fresh smell that just follows you everywhere. I love that. It really makes me feel like I could be a new person. That I simply was away all my bad qualities and become some one that I really want to be. That's sounds a bit weird, doesn't it.

The main thing that I like the most about rain is what it allows me to do. On days like today, when there have been like a million cloud bursts and it has been pouring it down with rain and I can't actually go outside, I love being able to curl up somewhere when the rain can pelt one of my windows and I can just curl up with a blanket and a mug of tea with my book and just read for hours on end. It's a really good way for me to waste time.

I wish I had a gigantic bay window so that I could sit in it on days like today and look out at the view occasionally whilst I can read for ever. Can't you just picture that though. A steaming mug of tea fogging up the window with a blanket and a few pillows piled up on the bench. The light would be just right and there would be a breath taking view. It might be off of London, or some other city, and I could watch the cars, buses and bikes stream past. Or it might be in the countryside and I could do a bit of nature watching through out the day. It would be wonderful.

Think that will be the one thing that I look for when I move into a home of my own. A place with a bay window (or a window that I could use in the same way as above). Obviously it has got to have a wall that can be completely dedicated for my books, but I really need it to include a bay window.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book total of 2015 - 17
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment