Saturday 11 April 2015

April 2015 - TBR

So if you read my previous post, then you will know that I am now going to upload a TBR list/post/thing each month in order to decide what I am going to read that month. I'm only going to pick three or four books because I'm a student and I basically have no time. Also, I'm going to ignore the book that I have started to read this month and say a few different books that I want to read this month.

My First Book is ...... Paper Aeroplanes, by Dawn O'Porter. Here's the plot description of the book (kindly taken from Amazon).


I just can't imagine me without you... It's the mid-1990s, and fifteen year-old Guernsey schoolgirls, Renée and Flo, are not really meant to be friends. Thoughtful, introspective and studious Flo couldn't be more different to ambitious, extroverted and sexually curious Renée. But Renée and Flo are united by loneliness and their dysfunctional families, and an intense bond is formed. Although there are obstacles to their friendship (namely Flo's jealous ex-best friend and Renée's growing infatuation with Flo's brother), fifteen is an age where anything can happen, where life stretches out before you, and when every betrayal feels like the end of the world. For Renée and Flo it is the time of their lives. With graphic content and some scenes of a sexual nature, PAPER AEROPLANES is a gritty, poignant, often laugh-out-loud funny and powerful novel. It is an unforgettable snapshot of small-town adolescence and the heart-stopping power of female friendship.

I have high expectations for this book, considering that so many people love it so much and it has had so many good reviews. I hope I do like it, but who knows until I get round to reading it!

Book two is ............. Wyrd Sisters, by Terry Pratchett. Here's the plot summary:


Things like crowns had a troublesome effect on clever folks; it was best to leave all the reigning to the kind of people whose eyebrows met in the middle.
Three witches gathered on a lonely heath. A king cruelly murdered, his throne usurped by his ambitious cousin. A child heir and the crown of the kingdom, both missing…
Witches don't have these kind of dynastic problems themselves – in fact, they don’t have leaders. Granny Weatherwax was the most highly-regarded of the leaders they didn't have. But even she found that meddling in royal politics was a lot more complicated than certain playwrights would have you believe, particularly when the blood on your hands just won't wash off and you're facing a future with knives in it...

I've been loving the Discworld series lately, so I really want to continue reading them this month.

Book Three is ...... Die Trying, by Lee Child.

Jack Reacher, alone, strolling nowhere.
A Chicago street in bright sunshine. A young woman, struggling on crutches. He offers her a steadying arm.
And turns to see a handgun aimed at his stomach.
Chained in a dark van racing across America, Reacher doesn't know why they've been kidnapped. The woman claims to be FBI. She's certainly tough enough. But at their remote destination, will raw courage be enough to overcome the hopeless odds?

I started reading this series a few months back and I want to continue with it now, by reading book number two.

Since this is my first TBR ever, I am going to only do three books this month. That doesn't mean that I'll only read these books but I want to make sure that I do read them. Next month I'll try four and then I'll see how many I usually read. That makes sense, right? I think it makes sense.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 19
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment