Saturday 4 April 2015

Confessions Of A Geeking Ginger | 2

This is something that I'm actually not that proud of and I really do want to fix it some time soon. I call myself a reader and yet I don't do one thing. That one thing is probably going to disgust you as much as it has disgusted me. Ready?

I've read barely any classics. I know, I know, I call myself a reader .... a bookworm .... but I've barely read any classics. I feel stupid saying it. How has this happened? I mean I'm not so bad that I've never read like 1984 or The Odyssey of The Illiad but I haven't actually read any other full classics. I've read the children editions; like the Hound of the Baskervilles and all of The Chronicles of Narnia. But I've never read The portrait of Dorian Gray or Les Miserables. I've started both of them but I've never actually read them. I feel so bad about that.

I want to build up a collection of them all. Penguin classics that I can put on a shelf or book case of there own and then I can just appreciate the writing in them. It's something that I want to do; I just need the time and money to actually do it.

But that horrible, horrible confession is the second of my Confessions Of A Geeking Ginger. I apologise and I do plan on confronting the issue as soon as possible; but until then I must beg your forgiveness. It really is a horrible thing to admit, the fact that so many classics have gone unread for so long, but it will - eventually - be confronted. I promise that!

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 18
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment