Tuesday 14 April 2015

Confessions of a Geeking Ginger! | 3

It's that time again, the time when I admit something to the world that may change your opinions about me and this blog for all eternity. This one isn't as hard hitting as some of the others but I am ready to admit it to you all. Read????? Okay .....

BOOKS AND TV SHOWS ARE RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that this is a statement that a lot of people will say but they really really do.

Not only do I find myself making references to things that people really don't understand, but I find myself detaching from reality. I'm not joking, sometimes I dream that I am in Westeroes and then I wake up and it takes me a good ten minutes to know where I actually am! Which is really bad!!!!!

The referencing thing is okay, I suppose. Everyone does that at times. The other day I turned to a friend and said 'Don't worry, we're all mad here' and she had no idea what I was going on about. Not only did that hurt my feelings, but it also made me wonder if I'm actually insane!

The main reason that I think books and TV shows are basically ruining my life, isn't actually to do with books and TV shows; it's about people. Specifically my friends. None of my friends are into the same things as me!!!!! Okay, yes I have my internet friends, they are brilliant people who I can relate to and can fangirl over various topics to. But my friends in real life (I do actually have some of them, they are not imaginary I swear!) do not like most I the things I like. Yes most of them like Harry Potter but still I cannot connect with them in the same way as some of my internet friends. These are people who have watched the films a handful of times, not people who I can emotionally connect to about some of the tiny details in the books. I think that that is the main reason that I think books are ruining my life. I have no one to relate to.

I watch a lot of stuff and a read at least double that, but none of my friends have read the things that I have read and I need to talk to people about. When I have a lot of emotional pain, I need people to talk to face to face in order to combat this, but I cannot with a lot of people and when I start to cry about things that have made me weep, and no one has felt the same pain .... it makes me realise that books and TV shows really are ruining my life!

I don't regret reading or anything, but it still makes me feel horrid! So that is my third confession.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 20
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment