Tuesday 21 April 2015

Review | Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs

What You Need To Know: 

Title: Miss Peregrine's School For Peculiar Children
Author: Ransom Riggs
Number of Pages: 352
Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Paranormal  
Publisher: Quirk Books  
Published: 20 May, 2012

The Plot: 

'A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of curious photographs.'

After a horrific tragedy sets, sixteen year old Jacob finds himself travelling to a remote island off the coast of Wales. This island was were Jacob's grandfather lived and the home to all the magnificent stories of peculiar children that he once lived with.

There he discovers the crumbling ruins that was once known as Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Jacob gradually begins to explore the house with its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, soon discovering that the children may not have been just peculiar; they might have been dangerous.

What if they were isolated on purpose in order to keep people safe? To keep them safe?

And somehow - although it seems completely impossible - the children might actually still be alive.

My Thoughts: 

So this was the second book that I read in 2015 and it was such an amazing book. The concept behind a book like this ... it was different to anything else out there. Yes there were the conventional things, a death, a romance, a mystery, that all books usually contain. But the whole concept of the book is completely different. I mean, look at the cover; how awesomely unique does it look! The pages are actually made of photography paper and contain loads of old images and it just looks so amazing!!!!!

Ransom Riggs has such a unique writing style and I loved reading it; it was just so ..... AHHHH!!!!!!! I can't even describe how amazing it was. I know that that's really really really bad, and that this review is just me saying how good the book actually. I know it's not the best review but still, the book was so good. I can't really express any negative opinions on this because of that!

I just loved it so much!

Rating: 

I do believe that my rating is rather obvious but here it is ..... *****

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 21
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment