Wednesday 22 April 2015

Review | We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart

What You Need To Know: 

Title: We Were Liars
Author: E. Lockhart
Number of Pages: 227
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: 13th May, 2014

The Plot:

We Were Liars follows the story of a distinguished family, people who are very rich and live on their own private island. Each summer the family go and spend time with their grandfather - the owner of the island - but then something happens a few summers before.

An accident. A horrible accident that leaves Cadence Sinclair with no memory of what happened and severe migraines. For two summers she has spent time with her dad, travelling, but all she wants to do is join the liars.

The liars are the four eldest grandchildren; Cadence is the oldest, then there's Johnny and Mirren, and the step brother Gat. They have been apart for two years, Cadence with no contact from the others, and they can't wait to be back together.

But the rest of the Liars are ... different ... they might have changed a bit over the two years but not that much! And slowly Cadence is beginning to remember everything that occurred that year; the reason why the family are treating her so differently.

My Thoughts:

I have to say that I was unsure how I was going to feel about this book. Loads had people had said that it was completely amazing but I was a little cautious. Before this book, I didn't really read contemporary novels (look at how much that has changed) and I didn't really know how I felt about that.

Then I read the book. It's such a good book. I really connected with it, and the end was just .... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so twisted, I really didn't see it coming and it was just so ahhhh!!!! I loved it so much!!!!!!!!

I did read this in January so I can't really mention a lot of the things that happened as they may have accidentally forgotten most of the facts. But it was really really really good.

The ending I did not see happening at all, it was so ... OMG! I just enjoyed it so much!

Rating: 

Because of my opinions, and the fact that I am slightly unable to remember so things I have rated this book as

****

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 21
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment