Monday 18 May 2015

Review | Alice Through the Zombie Glass, by Gena Showalter

What You Need To Know: 

Title: Alice Through the Zombie Glass
Author: Gena Showalter
Number of Pages: 476 
Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Fairy Tale, Paranormal, Retelling of a Fairy Tale, Modern Fairy Tale. Horror
Publisher: MIRA Ink
Published: 7th February, 2014

The Plot:

This is the second book in the White Rabbit Chronicles and although all seemed well before, life could never be that simple not for someone like Alice Bell; a teenage slayer of zombiesthat only a few could actually see.

Everything seems fine, momentarily. Alice is living in the house ... no mansion ... that belongs to one of her closest friends and is spending as much time with her boy friend, Cole, as she can. Everything seems perfect. But that couldn't last.

Two new slayers joined group, Veronica (one of Cole's ex's) and Gavin. And just like when Cole and Ali first made eye contact they share a vision of an apparent affair between Gavin and Ali. And so Cole breaks up with her, knowing that the vision will come true; not wanting to get hurt.

But the two of them can't keep away from each other, the attraction is too great. Although they are don't want to get hurt, the two keep getting closer and closer. But something else is holding them back.

Then, something happens to Ali. A fellow slayer, Justin, was bit in the middle of the battle and he bits Ali. Since then, things have been strange. Ali has these urges, urges to devour flesh so that she can eat souls. Ali is turning into a Zombie. Through a mirror she begins to see changes, a second spirit in her body. A Zombie Alice wants to take over and turn her into the exact thing that she hates.

On top of that, there is a mole in the group. Someone who they trust is feeding information to a group who think that the zombies are needed in this world. A group who has decided to destroy the slayers. This mole knows what has happened to Alice and that so, once again, Alice has become a target.

For these lunatics believe that Alice will be able to cure one close to the leader of their group and these lunatics will do anything and everything to ensure that they get Alice.

My Thoughts:

I'm in love with this series. They are so interesting and completely different to anything else out there. I love it. Showalter is such an awesome writer, although there are moments in this book (like the previous one) that I found rather dull. At times there's so much action and it's amazing and then it just sort of flops like a limp fish.

I am still in love with Cole and I do occasionally want to destroy Ali so that I can have Cole. But I am now slightly in love with Gavin, even if he is a humungous he-slut. Why do you do this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really isn't fair, why do I fall in love with all these fictional men???

The beginning of this book took some time to get into, nothing really happened and I was tempted to just give up on it. But I thought, no I shall read this book! I am glad that I did that because the second part of the book was .... wow!

It wasn't like a fifty fifty divide but the start with Cole and Ali breaking up and Ali mopping over the fact that she was alone and in love with him still. I, personally, found that really really boring. But then Ali got bit and from then on things started to pick up, although some parts still bored me. But later on I could not put the book down, it really annoys me.

The second part of the book is definitely the best thing, it barely took me any time to read it because I couldn't put the book down. It was awesome. I love it!

Can't really think of anything else as I'll likely repeat myself as the things that annoy me in this book are basically the same as the things that annoyed me in the last book.

Rating:

And that's why I have given this book ***

No comments:

Post a Comment