Friday 26 June 2015

Harry Potter Spells Tag

I am obsessed with Harry Potter. Like literally obsessed. I have probably read the series over one hundred times! You should probably know that by now if you have been reading my blog for a long time. I thought that it would be a good idea to do the Harry Potter Spells Tag ... even though I haven't been tagged to do it but who cares! Let's just do the questions .....

1) Expecto Patronum - a childhood book connected to good memories
One book that links with my childhood has got to be the Hobbit. There are a lot of books that I could mention, Harry Potter included, but the Hobbit is the one thing which I can truly link to my childhood. My dad used to sit down with me at night and we would read one chapter a night and I can remember his different voices for the Dwarves and the Trolls. It was beautiful. Even now when I read these chapters, I still hear his voice in my head. It really is one of my fondest memories and if that hadn't happened then I doubt whether I would be like this. An insane fangirls who is releasing her mad thoughts about book and other geek related things to the internet; i'd probably wouldn't be me.

2) Expelliarmus - a book that took you by surprise 
I didn't think that I'd like The Selection, by Kiera Cass as much as I do. It is so beautifully written and so addictive; I literally couldn't put it down. I just loved the whole as the series in a general.

3) Prior Incantato - the last book you read
I read The Selection by Kiera Cass. This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do but I did and I am literally sat in the middle of my rehearsal screaming at some of the things going on. Not actually screaming, internally though I think I did squeak a tiny bit. My review will be up soon, I promise! But it was so good and I need to talk to someone about it!

4) Alohamora - a book that introduced you to a genre you hadn't considered before
For me this has to be Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Before I read Fangirl I didn't like the sound of contemporary reads. When I read I liked to visit new worlds not something that could happen in the house next door. I preferred to read sci-fi and fantasy books. But I thought that I'd give Fangirl a bash and now I'm suddenly obsessed with  anything and everything related to contemporary. I'm glad that that happened because it means that I'm reader a far diverse range of works; something that I really enjoy.

5) Riddikulus - a funny book you've read
This was one of my favourite books from my childhood and it still makes me chuckle today; All American Girl, by Meg Cabot. It's just really funny and I love it so much!!!!!!!!

6) Sonorous - a book you think everyone should know about
I think everyone should read Fire City by Bali Rai. Bali is an amazing writer who I have had the privilege of meeting several times. He is a very talented author and this is probably one of my favourite books of his. It is set in a demon riddled world and it is so beautifully written and I have to say that it is one of my favourite books I've ever read!

7) Obliviate - a book or spoiler you would like to forget having read
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ... Sirius Black. Need I say anymore!

8) Imperio - a book you had to read for school 
All the books I have read at school I liked quite a lot. I'm an English Literature student so I always do like what I read. Except for one. Spies by Michael Frayn. It is the worst book I've ever read and I had to recreate the writing style for some coursework and it was hell!

9) Crucio - a book that was painful to read
Her by Harriet Lane was a very painful read for me. It was so dull! And I found myself almost falling asleep as I read it. It was so dull and I wish that I could have loved it but it was rather awful!

10) Avada Kedavra - a book that could kill (interpret as you will)
A Game of Thrones. Those feels throughout literally kill me with every time I turn the pages of my book!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment