Tuesday 9 June 2015

Review | Scarlet, by Marissa Meyer


What You Need To Know:

Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Number of Pages: 454
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Dystopian, Modern Fairy Tale
Publisher: Macmillan Publishers
Published: 5th February, 2013

The Plot:

Scarlet Benoit is a young girl who lives with her grandmother on a farm in Rieux, France. Her grandmother suddenly goes missing and as soon as the police announce that they could not discover where she had gone, Scarlet goes on a dangerous mission in order to find her. Before leaving she meets a street fighter called Wolf who agrees to help her find her grandmother since he has information that will lead them to France. Wolf tells Scarlet one thing about her grandmother's kidnappers, they have taken her in order to discover information about the lost Princess Selena of Lunar.

Meanwhile, Cinder is still in New Shanghai prison waiting to be taken back up to Lunar where she will be executed. That is until she gets a new arm and suddenly she is able to escape. With the help of another prisoner called Thorne, Cinder escapes and is searching for Scarlet's grandmother too in order to find out more about Selena.

But things are not going to be as easy as they appear and Cinder has to act quickly in order to ensure that Emperor Kai's life is safe before she reveals her big secret to the rest of the world.

My Thoughts:

I loved Cinder. It was such a good book. There was something about the idea of Cinderella being a Cyborg that I loved. It was completely different to anything else I had heard of and it made me really excited to read the book. This book did not disappoint.

Scarlet is obviously based on Little Red Riding Hood. She has red hair and wears a red hood, yep that is definitely Red Riding Hood. Not to mention that the her supporting character is called Wolf. Yep! But the change in it is rather interesting and what Wolf is actually amazes me!

Meyer has a really unique writing style. Even though it is set in the third person .... I think ... it is set in the third person isn't it. I think it is ... why am I doubting myself? Anyway, she has a unique sense of third person as it made it seem like it was Cinder's or Scarlet's point of view. That was brilliant. It was almost like I was watching a film. I was able to see the characters and picture everything that was going on. I haven't had a book like that for ages. Her writing style was not too descriptive that it become boring but there wasn't so little that I was unable to picture anything. It was a brilliant combination. I could visualise the area and the characters as well as being able to put my own spin on the characters. I love that style of book.

The chapters were't too long or too short so I was able to read several in a row. This meant that I got through the book really really quickly. Which was good because I really wanted to read it but I also wanted to savour the book so I finished it a bit too quickly for my liking. That disappointed me because now I need to order Cress and then impatiently wait for Winter. Although I could also get Fairest too. I'm an impatient person! 

I may have slightly fallen in love with Wolf too! Now I love Kai and Wolf and I don't know who I love more. Though I probably have to say that I love Kai the most. He is the one I fell in love with originally  so you can understand why I still love him. I feel so sorry for him and .... i'm really going off topic now. Sorry.

My Rating:

Can you tell that I loved this book. I NEED TO READ CRESS!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I'd give this book ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 30
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment