Monday 29 June 2015

Review | The Selection, by Kiera Cass

What You Need To Know:

Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Number of Pages: 336
Genres: Young Adult, Dystopian, Science Fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Chick Lit, Fiction
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: 24th April, 2012

The Plot:

The Selection is the chance of a lifetime for thirty-five girls in order to escape the life laid out for them at birth. They have the chance to be swept up into a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. It sounds like every girls dream.

But it isn't America Singer's dream; in fact being Selected is a nightmare. It means that she has to abandon her family, her future and the man she loves.

Yet everything changes as soon as she meets Prince Maxon. He's different than he seems. As time goes on she begins to question all her future plans and that perhaps the life that she has dreamed of will never compare to a future she never imagined.

My Thoughts:

I didn't know how I'd feel about this book because I'm not usually into Chick Lit but there was something about this book which I found really appealing. There was something about the characters in the book that I connected with and I had a moment when I wanted to sit down and finish the book. However I didn't own a copy of the Elite at the time so I didn't want to finish the book because then I wouldn't have been able to continue with the next season. It annoyed me.

But I still finished the book and it was beautiful and I love it so much. America is such a nice character and I have to say that I completely fell in love with her. Oh I need a Maxon in my life too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will someone become my Maxon please?????????/

I can't really say a lot because it will spoil the book but it was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating:

I think you'll understand why I am giving this book *****

No comments:

Post a Comment