Monday 9 November 2015

October Haul

Last month I was an idiot and spent a hell of a lot of money on books. Don't get me wrong, I love my books but I'm a student and I can't really afford all the books that I keep buying since I'm supposed to be saving up for Christmas and stuff that will happen next year. But I keep buying them anyway.

So this month I bought 18 books for £63. I say 'I bought' but some were actually  of the books were bought for me but still £63 for 18 books; that's a bargain. I don't know if I'm the only one but I adore bargain book shops. It might sound strange but there are some charity shops that are just for books which I think is awesome! Not to mention that there are just some book shops that are amazing for buying bargain books in!I spent £28 on 11 books; three of which were a hardbacks and one was a boxset so I got a lot for an amazing price.

The books that I got from these bargain book shops are as follows:

  • Rogues, edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardener Dozois 
  • The Legend Trilogy, by Marie Lu
  • Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Cuckoo's Calling, by Robert Galbraith 
  • The 5th Wave, by Rick Yancey
  • The Power of Six, by Pittacus Lore
  • Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan 
  • Eldest, by Christopher Paolini 
  • Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer 
  • Eclipse, by Stephanie Meyer
  • The Amulet of Samarkand, by Jonathon Stroud.
The last six books were bought for me but I don't mind. I don't own copies of any of them and I don't mind about actually owning the twilight books. Though they won't get a prime spot on my shelves. I want to get the whole collection of the Percy Jackson and the Lorien Legacies series so I was delighted to find them in my little book bundle. A few of these books I actually already own in paper back but they were there for cheap as a hardback copy so I leapt at the opportunity!

I then spent the remaining £35 on the following five books:
  • Assassin's Blade, by Sarah J. Maas
  • Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas
  • Crown of Midnight, by Sarah J. Maas
  • Queen of Shadows, by Sarah J. Maas
  • Infinite Sea, by Rick Yancey. 
I'm still really annoyed that Heir of Fire wasn't in stock. But I guess I'm going to have to spend some more money on this month and buy it. Not to mention a few other books that came out last month or the ones that are coming out this month. I'm never going to be able to save money, am I? 

Also, my dad bought me some bookish related as a treat after 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' last month. I'm obsessed with a little stationary shop called Paperchase, something that my dad knows, so he bought me a beautiful, handsticked notebook (that I really don't want to write in because it is so beautiful!) and a little magnet/ whiteboard thing that came with these adorable sticky botes that have cute little organising messages on them. 

Overall I think that it's been an amazing bookish haul month. 

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 61
XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment