Sunday 22 November 2015

The Reading Habits Tag

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Usually I read on my bed as I have a lovely little read nook with a lamp and some fairy lights, place to put my book and drink, and a bookmark pot thing. Also my bedroom is relaxing because I can surround myself with my books and wrap up in my quilt. It's cozy!

Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Most of the time it's a normal bookmark. But I do have a habit of using old train tickets as bookmarks ... receipts too sometimes.

Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc?
I have to stop at the end of a paragraph or I'll lose my flow and that's just frustrating!

Do you eat or drink while reading?
It depends. Sometimes I have a cup of tea and some biscuits. Sometimes I have juice or a glass of water. But I might not be reading for very long so I don't mind not have anything to eat or drink.

Can you read while listening to music/watching tv?
I do listen to music when I read. Not all the time though. If I do then I'll probably be listening to classical music or movie soundtracks. Something with a lot of instrumental. It helps me focus. But the telly can be a bit distracting. Unless I'm reading whilst the family are watching telly. But if I'm really into a book then nothing can distract me.

One book at a time, or several at once?
I'm guilty of reading several at time. Always have done and probably always will.

Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere; I travel to get to school so where else do I read?

Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head is usually the only way for me to read. Unless I'm reading aloud to someone else.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
If the book is a bit dull then yes. But I do sometimes accidentally read ahead. Because I'm an idiot!

Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I hate breaking the spine of one of my books. I like them to loook new and pretty on my shelf. However some of my older books are ratted to show how much I've read them. Which I think is also kind of nice. It shows how much I love them.

Do you write in books?
No! Only if they are books for school. But even then I can't stand it! I mean, I don't mind but it isn't fun. I would rather not do it.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 62
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment