Tuesday 1 December 2015

Inside Out Book Tag

Inside flap / Back of book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough? 
I think that this really depends on the book. I've read a few books when there has been literally no summary what so ever but that just pulled me into the plot. I wanted to know everything that was going on. However some books have a long plot summery which is is also intriguing because you get a feel for the character. But then some plot summaries are so long that I literally screaming at the author to shut up or they give basically nothing and it is so annoying! There needs to be some sort of happy medium.

New book: what form do you want it in? Be honest: audiobook, e-book, paperback, or hardbook?
Usually it'll be paperbacks. They fit on the same shelf easily and although they don't look as pretty as hardbacks sometimes they can be a lot easier to read. Besides, hardbacks are really really heavily. Try holding a 700 hardback without having to switch hands every ten minutes.

Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
CLEAN!!!!!!!!! The only time I write in a book is if it is something for school. I hate writing in them else. They need to stay as clean as possible or else they won't look neat! Something that I can't stand! I don't make notes either. Not while I'm reading. Maybe when the book is done I will but it isn't my cup of tea.

In your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book. 
This one was obvious. although endings can be more memorable. But there is one book that I can remember the first sentence for perfectly. In fact I think it may be my favourite paragraph in a book! And because I love it I am going to cheat a little and give you the whole of the paragraph.

Ahem *clears throat*
In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a Hobbit-hole, and that means comfort. 
The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?
Personally I don't really care. I pick up the book based on the blurb not the author. Even if it is my favourite author in the world I will only pick up the book if I love the blurb!

Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page before you got there?
I don't like to admit that I read ahead. Not all the time but occasionally I do find myself skimming words or sentences. Like I'll be really into it and then my eyes will flicker to the next page and obviously it'll be a really big spoiler section. That's the only time I really ever read ahead. And I never read the last page. No! That is not happening!


&

Organised bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
Usually they are organised but at the moment it is a completely different story. They sort of are but there is a section that isn't. I can't stand having a messy bookshelf.

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Sad to say that I am guilty of this, sometimes anyway. Occasionally I will look at a book cover and think how gorgeous (or hideous) it looks. And that will sometimes be the judgment of whether or not I will actually buy a book.

Take it outside to read, or stay in?
I prefer to read inside and read. Especially when i get to read in my room. Though I do read a lot on the train or on the bus too.   

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 64
XXX





No comments:

Post a Comment