Saturday 25 June 2016

Reading More Than One Book At Once

Okay, I'm guilty. Arrest me if you must but I know that I'm not the only one guilty of this crime. So I'm ready to say it ..... I read more than one book at once.

It feels good to get that off of my chest.

I've never really know a time when I haven't read more than one book at once. When I was younger I used to constantly read the Harry Potter series on repeat. Hence why I'm so obsessed with it. But whilst I was reading them I would have a knew book going on at the same time.It was just something that felt natural so I thought why not do it. I find myself still doing it today. If I'm having to read something for College then I will continue to read something else for pleasure at the same time. Or I may just pick up two books and start reading them around the same time. I was doing that at the start of the year because of how big Winter, by Marissa Meyer was that I knew that I would need something else on the side to top me up on my train journeys since I wasn't going to take that beast into College with me.

Surely I can't be the only one who does this?

Now one thing that people always say to me when they see that I'm reading more than one book at once is "don't you get confused?"
Usually, no. I'm used to learning lines for scripts or songs so I have the sort of brain that can remember the difference between two books if I'm reading them at the same time. But if I'm reading something that's very similar then, in the long run, I may get a bit confused. A prime example of this being The Hunger Games trilogy, I was reading something else at the same time as I was reading this trilogy and truthfully I can't remember what happened. That might be because it wasn't something I adored but it could also because I was reading something at the same time.

But that's the only case I can actually think of in which that has happened.

What do you think? Please tell me that I'm not the only one who reads more than one book at once.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 47
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment