Friday 10 June 2016

Top 5 Books of Spring 2016

So Spring is officially over and done with and I was able to read a few good books. So I've decided to tell you what my favourite ones were for Spring 2016.

5.  Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones
This was an audio book that I listened to way back in March and I fell in love with it. The actress that voiced Sophie was able to do all the different voices and it made the piece really believable. I've always loved the film by Studio Ghibli and I didn't know it was a book. But it was an excellent book.

4. Library of Souls, by Ransom Riggs
The this and final book in an amazing trilogy. There was just something about this that made me smile and it had the same old writing style of Ransom that I have always loved. It didn't go how I thought it would go. I thought something completely different would happen. I preferred the ending by Ransom though, it was brilliant! He truly is an excellent author and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

3. Me Before You, by Jojo Moyles
People have been raving about this book, especially since the first film trailer came out a few months ago. I'm not usually one to read something like this but I wanted something to read either on my flight there or back from Iceland so I bought this. It was such a good book and I truly wept at it. I never weep at books at all. Occasionally I will shed a tear or two but I do not weep. I think that shows how good it was!

2. Stars Above, by Marissa Meyer
People who know me will most likely know my love for The Lunar Chronicles. It may be one of my favourite series either. Ms Meyer is an amazing writer and I was so excited to see different perspectives from my favourite characters in this book. Yes the wedding was the one that I wanted but it still made me smile. It was definitely something that everyone should read if you loved the Lunar Chronicles as much as me.

1. Curse of the Sphinx, by Raye Wagner
I did not expect to love this book as much as I did. Greek mythology is my favourite style of mythology. I love the Percy Jackson series so when I heard about this book I leapt at the chance to read it. I truly did not expect to love it as much as I did. This was a truly unique book that I think everyone should read. There can be no doubt that this was my favourite book that I read this spring.

So there you go, my favourite books that I've read this spring. Have you read anything good this season? Feel free to let me know.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 43
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment